ENVIRONMENTAL ART INSTALLATIONS SCULPTURE DRAWING
- Post Graduate
- Central St. Martins School of Art - London
- Fine Art Degree, Croydon College of Art - Surrey
- Chinese Language and Archaeology - London University
EXHIBITIONS AND COMMISSIONS TO 2018 INCLUDE
. The Sculpture Collections. Leeds Art Galllery & Henry Moore Inst. 22.3.18 - 20.5.18 including Phyllida Barlow, Tony Cragg, Cornelia
Summer Salon. LUBOMIROV/ ANGUS - HUGHES Gallery , 26 Lwr Clapton Road ( junction of Urswick Road. London E5 0PD or by
appointment. Aug.'17 email@example.com
The Sheltering Five. ART AT BROADGATE Ground Floor Atrium , Exchange House. 12 Primrose St. London EC2A 2HS Feb 4 - April 19 2017.
- Also at ART AT BROADGATE: Traces of Traces. April 20 - May 29. 2017 info: Rosie Glenn firstname.lastname@example.org
- UP THE DUFF - with paintings by Leandro Lottici . GALLERIA L'AFFICHE Via del Unione 6 , Milan. May 4 - June 1 2017.
- UP THE DUFF - with Leandro Lottici. La Fortezza del Girifalco, Via Santa Margherita 52044 Cortona Tuscany , Italy. June 10 - July 2 2017, Now showing permanently in the castle.
- Vistabella Landart Residency. Spain Nov 2016
- ARTE LAGUNA Sculpture Prize. The Arsenale, Venice. 21 March - April 5 2015. TIAF LONDON (GUEST ARTIST) The Rag Factory, 16 - 18 Heneage St London E1 5LJ. 2015 The London Group Part 2. 27 Oct - 6 Nov 2015. The CELLO FACTORY, 33 -34 Cornwall Road SE1 8TJ Speculations, Making Thinking Drawing at HATTON GALLERY The Quadrant. Newcastle University. 26.6 - 8.8 2015 . Drawings by contemporary sculptors and engineers. Up the Duff London. A 2 person show with Leandro Lottici at Angus Hughes Gallery. June 6 - 28 2015. (www.angus-hughes .com)
- now & then. A commission for the Woodland Trust. Sited at the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Woods, Normanton le Heath near Ashby de la Zouch in Leics.LE 672 ( Arts Council Funded.) A site responsive earthwork, including a circle of Oaks, a surrounding ring of indigenous natural bushes, and a spiral walkway. 6th Passion for Freedom London Arts Festival. Nov 2014 Embassy Tea Gallery London SE1 OPB. TIAF. The Rag factory, 16 - 18 Heneage St, Brick lane. London E1 5LJ. The 3rd Argentine Biennial of Contemporary Art. Buenos Aires. Oct 2014
- REFOREST. A celebraton fo 20 years of Artists commissions in King's Wood. Stour Valley Arts Gallery. Elwick Road, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1 NR. Till August 31. Wed - Sat 11 - 4. 2013 A DECADE OF THE MARK TANNER SCULPTURE AWARD at Standpoint Gallery, Hoxton London May - June 29 2013
- INSIDE Blank Media Collective, Manchester March - April 2012.
- One of 100 International artists taking part in the Prague Festival of Contemporary Art, Czech Republic, Oct /Nov 2011 Finalist and award winner, EWA Awards, La Galleria, Pall Mall London 25 - 29 Oct. Cork St Open, 27 - 28 Cork St. London W1 in aid of Papyrus. Young Scot, Climate Change Awareness, Pearce Institute, Glasgow, June 2011.Pride in the House, One of 3 Winners, Lauderdale House, Highgate, London, July 12 - 24 2011. next - Whats new and whats next in contemporary art + design, BECA Foundation, Albuquerque, USA, 2011. Curiouser & Curiouser, Old Vic Tunnels London 2011. Cork Street Open Exhibition for Charity, Cork Street Gallery, London 2011
- Punctuation Marks, Henry Moore Institute, Leeds 2010
- 'The Workshop of Hereafter' Blyth Gallery, Kensington, London 2009 London Art Fair, Islington 2009. UNFOLD Nettie Horn Gallery, Vyner Street, London 2009
- Concrete and glass, Shoreditch Town hall, London 2008 PARALLAX, Fieldgate Gallery, London 200 Prospects and Interiors, Recent Acquisitions of Sculptors Drawings Leeds Art gallery 2008 . Considered Matter, Mid Pennine Gallery, Burnley 2008. Et Pendant Ce Temps, Nettie Horn Gallery, London 2008
- Eyestorm, (opp. Tate Modern) 2007 The London Group. Menier Chocolate Factory, 51 Southwark street, London 2007 The Chancel, 20-21 Arts Centre, Scunthorpe 2007
- Queens House, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich 2001 - Permanent commission.
- 'Undercurrent' Fabrica, Brighton 200 , Kafeart Gallery, Dordogne, France 2004 International Glass Biennale, Ruskin Glass Centre, Stourbridge 2004
- Convergence International Arts Festival, USA 2003
- Waterstones Bookshop, Piccadilly, London 2002 Gardner Arts Centre, Brighton 2002
- Royal Society of British Sculptors 2000 and 2001 Cheltenham Open Drawing Exhibition touring to Kunsthalle Sierre, Switzerland 2001
- Garden sculpture for Mrs Anne Wood 2000
- Dostoyevsky Museum, St.Petersburg 1999
- Royal College of Art, London 1997. Dean Clough Contemporary Art Galleries, Halifax 1997. Lokaal 01, Holland 1997
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) Barcelona 1996
- Passerelle Centre d'Art, Brittany 1995
- Frankfurt Art Fair 1992
- Kettles Yard, Cambridge; Brandts Klaedefabrik, Denmark 1991
- Edge 90, International Biennale of Innovative Visual Art, Newcastle 1990.
- Der Pfalzgaleries, West Germany 1990
- Serpentine Gallery, London 1987
- ENCLAVE VISTABELLA Artists Residency. Nov.2016 ;
- 2 Sculptures in the Forest, Kingswood, Kent Stour Valley Arts.;
- Irwell Sculpture Trail, Manchester
- Glasgow Garden Festival 'Eaumages festival of Installation'
- 'Eaumages festival of Installation', Villedieu Cultural Centre, Paris;
- "On Site" Yorkshire Sculpture Park.International Sculpture Symposium.
- Arts Council Award
- Rouse Kent Award for Public Art
- EWACC Online Art Competition, 1st Prize
- Mark Tanner Award for Sculpture
- British Council Travelling Awards
- Portland Clifftop Sculpture Park Major Award
- The Elephant Trust
- Henry Moore Sculpture Trust
- London Arts Bursary
- EWA East /West Artists Award. ( Installation)
- London Docklands Development Corporation
- INSIDE ARTISTS' Issue 6 Autumn 16
- THE STATE OF ART Installation & Site-Specific # 2'. Bare Hill Publishing, Sept 2015. (ISBN 978-1-909825-15-4)
- 'Thinking is making, Presence and Absence in Contemporary Sculpture.' Publ. by Black Dog April 2013. Ed. Michael Taylor. ( ISBN13: 9781908966049 )
- 'Sculpture Parks and Trails of England' by Alison Stace. (ISBN 13:978-07136-7952-6)
- 'FABRICA the first 10 years' Introduction by Caroline Collier. Essays by Matthew Miller, Liz Whitehead, Nannette Aldred and Phyllida Shaw (ISBN 0-9543380-2-2)
- 'Kingswood': A context. Eds. Sandra Drew and Liz Kent (ISBN 09535 3409 x) Published by Stour Valley Arts.
- 'Meditative Spaces' by Michael Freeman (ISBN 0-7893-1065-1) Universe Publishing, Rizzoli, NY.
- 'Installation Art' published by Thames and Hudson (ISBN 0-500-23672-0).
- 'The Dictionary of Artists in Britain since 1945' by David Buckman published by Art Dictionaries.
Newspapers, Magazines and Websites include:
INSIDE ARTISTS Issue 6 autumn 2016 Interview + photos. pages 72 - 75 View at issuu.com/insideartists, (Website: insideart.eu) ( Europe) January and 23/3/ 2016. Broadleaf . Issue 79 Woodland Trust. 2012. FRIEZE Oct. 2008. English garden magazine. SCULPTURE magazine (USA). 'Art for the Nation' National Maritime Museum. The Architectural Digest, Italy. Art Monthly. Artswork. Time Out. Mediamatic Vol.4. Artscribe. File Magazine. The Guardian. The Sunday Times. The Financial Times. West Midlands Arts Review. 20/20 Magazine. Art Review. Performance Magazine. Ouest France. Le Telegramme. "Avui". Sillage Magazine. Art Forum International. Evening Standard. Hot Tickets. Blueprint Magazine. Make. The Spectator. The Times. The Independent.
Television and Radio
- 2014 BBC1 Country file. 7pm 23.2.
- 2009 ITV Meridian TV News, 6 pm Jan 12.
- 2009 "Stour Valley Arts" Channel 4 BigArt website, Interview and 4 artworks. May.
- 2004 Interview, Southern Counties radio 8.45 pm 23 June.
- 2004 BBC TV South East today 1.30 and 6.30 pm 23 June.
For further information, telephone 020-7625-9300.
© 2014 Rosie Leventon all rights reserved